Painting with our paint should always be a pleasure.
Annie Sloan developed her now famous Chalk Paint™ to answer the need she had for a paint which would have many uses. From acting like limewash to looking like old painted furniture and that had a good range of colour that could be extended by the user. This paint is very easy to work with and allows people to be creative as one doesn't get involved with the technicalities of preparation and it also allows you to change your mind without hassle.
REASONS WHY IT'S GOOD
Chalk Paint™ is a very special paint for very many reasons
- It's the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way;
- No need to prime or prepare;
- Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment;
- You can use it on any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!);
- You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain;
- The colours are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colours for your use;
- It's a girls' paint, but boys can use it too;
- It's flexible so you can be creative and change your mind;
- It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls;
- You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) - leave the lid off to thicken;
- We've been making it since 1990 so it's tried and tested.